Thank you for choosing to donate to ACTAsia. As a non-profit organisation, ACTAsia (Australia) relies on donations to fund our work.
If you have made an error regarding the amount of your donation, or accidentally made a duplicate donation, please contact us within 60 days of the date of the donation. All request for refunds can be sent to:
PO Box 486
Lake Cathie NSW 2445
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACTAsia will consider all refund requests on a case-by-case basis. Due to the nature of donations, each decision for a refund will be given at the discretion of management. We will endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified.
Unfortunately, ACTAsia does not give refunds if you change your mind. For this reason, please make your decision to donate to ACTAsia carefully.
Should a request for a refund be approved, any receipt reflecting this payment will become invalid.
A refund will normally be issued in the following instances:
- An error has been made by ACTAsia
- A donor’s bank details have been fraudulently obtained and used
- ACTAsia has received a donor’s details in error
- A donor has previously requested that regular debits be cancelled*; however, the debits have continued. The refund will be to the maximum of the last debit amount unless a donor can provide proof of the original cancellation request and date
- ACTAsia may refund on the grounds of financial hardship; however, this will be to the maximum amount of the last debit amount and at the discretion of ACTAsia management
*Please note that ACTAsia requires 14 days’ notice to cancel a debit agreement.
In all instances, ACTAsia will not refund past the previous tax year.
If the refund request is agreed, the donor will be refunded within five working days of the decision using the original method of payment.
If a donor wishes to dispute the refund decision, a further request can be escalated to the Chief Executive Office of ACTAsia by letter of email as per the details provided above.
Please note that ACTAsia may request additional information or documentation from you in consideration of any disputed item.